- Confirm that the container in which the fuel is being collected are clean and are rinsed with the same fuel before collection of fuel.
- Check the date on the water proof container which has the AQUA DIS capsules.
- Once the fuel sample is taken the larger container which is to be checked for water contamination is to be rotated so that a whirl pool like formation comes up in the container.
- The lager container with the above said formation is to be held at the eye level to check for any contaminants in the sample. If there is any contaminant it will be seen at the bottom of the sample jar and the sample is to be rejected and a new sample be taken.
- The sample taken in the smaller jar is to be checked for water contamination.
- the AQUA DIS capsule is to be taken from the fuel vendor and ¾ th of its to be put into the smaller jar and ¼tth of its to be put on ground and is to be sprinkled with water from another source to check the changeability of color.
- If there is any water present in the sample the powder from the capsule turn pink.
- The sample containing any pink particle is to be rejected and a new sample is to be taken.
- Only three samples can be taken from a single bowser and after that the bowser is to be changed.
How to check fuel for contamination?
Recommended for you